Click here to download a copy of my entire résumé [120.2 KB].
Graphic Designer/Social Media Specialist
ThyssenKrupp Elevator; Frisco, Texas (2012–present)
- Act as the sole in-house graphic designer for the 13,500-employee company, handling dozens of projects simultaneously.
- Currently manage five social media channels, and strategized a Facebook campaign that saw a reach increase of 71,000% in six weeks.
Pegasus Solutions; Dallas, Texas (2011–2012)
- Designed collateral, large-format banners, ads and party graphics for national tradeshows, with one tradeshow design earning a gold HSMAI Adrian Award in late 2011.
- Managed design and execution of print, email and online versions of external monthly newsletter.
- Conceptualized and designed new company logo and brand identity, including product collateral.
Freelance Artist (2008–present)
- Create drawings and design promotional kits and other materials for clients.
bluespace creative, inc.; Denison, Iowa (2010–2011)
- Interacted with multiple clients, then designed and wrote advertisement and media-release copy to promote the products and/or services of each client.
- Designed, prepressed and managed multiple projects simultaneously, including large-format pieces and high-quantity print runs.
Graphic Designer/Web Editor
Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture; Ames, Iowa (2009–2010)
- Conceptualized, designed and executed logo and marketing materials for the company’s largest initiative, then developed logos for the six working groups within that department.
- Sharpened web skills by designing and editing two separate web pages.
The Write Place; Pella, Iowa (2008–2010)
- Enhanced self-motivation and problem-solving skills by meeting deadlines from remote workstation.
Oleson Park Zoo; Fort Dodge, Iowa (2001–2009)
- Refined computer and creative skills by editing and designing layout of quarterly newsletter.
- Designed and edited web site.
University Honors Program, Iowa State University; Ames, Iowa (2008–2009)
- Edited and designed biweekly e-newsletter that was sent to more than 1,000 Iowa State University Honors students.
- Designed posters, calendars and other public relations items as needed.
Graphic Design/Public Relations Intern
Department of Cultural Affairs, State Historical Museum; Des Moines, Iowa (2008)
- Used creative talent to design brochures, booklets and signage for the State Historical Museum and its programs.
- Expanded public relations skills by writing news releases, contributing to newsletters and designing advertisements.
Ethos Magazine; Ames, Iowa (2007–2008)
- Worked with photographers and creative directors to create high-quality magazine layouts while under short deadlines.
B.F.A. Degree in Graphic Design and Journalism & Mass Communication (Magazine/Print Media Emphasis)
- Iowa State University; Ames, Iowa (May 2010)
- Magna Cum Laude and with Honors
Honors and Exhibitions
- Fourth Place, Pencil Portrait Category, State Fair of Texas (2012)
- State Fair of Texas, Creative Arts Exhibition Drawing Category (2011, 2012)
- Smithsonian Folklife Festival Exhibition, Washington, D.C. (2012)
- Gold Award, Advertising Category, HSMAI (Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International) Adrian Award, Pegasus Solutions (2011)
- Second Place, Pencil Portrait Category, State Fair of Texas (2011)
- Merit Award, Fine Arts Drawing Category, Iowa State Fair (2010)
- Iowa State Fair, Fine Arts Drawing Category (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Honors Program, Iowa State University (2006–2010)
- Best of Show, Art Directors Association of Iowa Student Design Exhibition (2010)
- Fourth Place, VEISHEA Photo Contest (2010)
- Dean’s List, Iowa State University (2006–2010)
- Student Employee of the Year nominee, Iowa State University (2010)
- Art Directors Association of Iowa Student Design Exhibition (2009, 2010)
- People’s Choice Award: Drawing Category, Iowa State Fair (2008)
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash)
- Prepressing, color specs and printers’ file needs
- AP Style
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Knowledgeable of approximately 40 social networks (especially Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, and Tumblr)
- Macintosh OS X and Windows 7, Vista, XP
- Freehand MX
- Google SketchUp
- Wayfinding design
- Photorealistic drawing